Friday, August 10, 2012

Nursery Color Scheme


My mama wants to make a quilt for Baby J.  Quilting is big in my family, and how could I refuse something cute and handmade with love by an excited grandma-to-be? Since Mr. J and I are not going to find out if our babe is a boy or a girl until he/she arrives, we need to come up with a gender-neutral color scheme.  Traditionally, if you didn't know what you were having, you were apparently supposed to choose green or yellow.  Why?  First of all, I don't really picture a baby's nursery in green, and I heard yellow rooms make babies cry.  Just saying. 

Enter orange and blue.  Yes. These are some fabric ideas mama came up with, and I added a few, too.  Pretty cute, right? And look at those sailboats!! There's pink in there, but it's not too girly for a boy and not too boyish for a girl.  Yes. Orange and blue it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter