Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Beautiful Living Rooms

With the big move coming up, it seems I have living rooms on the brain. New living rooms, to be specific!  Can’t help it! I’ve got a bit of a start on a great living room, but I’m continually inspired by new and different layouts, color schemes and accessories, of course. Though I’m committed to the few pieces I own already, I can’t help but make a list of “Living Room Musts” for down the road.

Without a doubt, the first thing I have to have is a fireplace. Seriously. I know it’s not practical, and most cities (mine included) have a burn ban, but there is NOTHING like cozying up in front of a fire, right?  The pictures of living room inspiration I’ve gathered seem kind of all over the place at first glance. I’ve been taking a closer look, however, to try to figure out what it is that I really love about these rooms and what I need to focus on for my own room. There are a couple common threads. Looks like I love plants. That’s no surprise, my house is full of them. I also gravitate toward more symmetrical layouts and neutrals, neutrals, neutrals. What can I say? Guess I’m not exactly the wild type. 

While I don't think I could fit every single beautiful living room I've come across into this one post, here's a healthy representation of what I think best defines the look I'm going for:









What about you all? What do you think makes a living room truly great?

Images via Domino, Lonny, Elle Decor, House Beautiful, Apartment Therapy

1 comment:

  1. you forgot to put in a photo of YOUR living room (which i love, "lillyfied" rug and all). :) things i want for my living room: a big plant; a big comfy couch; lots of big and little lamps (i heart lamp); a wooden coffee table (square, low); pillows and couch cushions; LOTS of mixed frames on the wall. :)

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter