Monday, August 23, 2010

Wanna see my living room?

So it's been a month since we've been here in California, and I figured it was high time I showed off our new place.  Here are a few shots of the empty space, right before we moved our stuff in.  Uhh.  Please excuse the image quality.  It was hot, I was tired, the movers were waiting to get in with our stuff.  So I ran around and snapped a few photos before all hell broke loose.

The living room:


The corner of the living room:


The living room from the dining room:


And, the finished space:


A bit of a close up:



And dear god, help me out here, our new TV:



It's enormous, ginormous really, and totally ridiculous.  My dad was getting a new TV, and asked us if we wanted it....I said NO!  Mr J, predictably, was super enthused.  And here we have it.  Though I must admit, now that I've been watching it for about a week...I'm sort of into it.  Who knew I was a big screen sort of gal? 

So that's it, my living room for the next two years.  I gotta say, I'm not crazy about the paint color--never would have picked it myself--but we're too lazy to proposition our landlords with the idea of us repainting.  It'll work for now.  With that huge TV taking up most of the wall, you can barely see the paint anyway, huh?




2 comments:

  1. WHEEEE! inside the j family home!!! gorgeousness, though i wouldn't expect anything less. i was, however, surprised to see a massive TV. i thought, "heeeeey... who is this and what happened to caitlin??" but then i kept reading and i understood. :) wonderful work with the house c! i wanna see more photos! kitchen please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your living room, even the yellow walls :) And I agree with Chris, post more photos, please.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter