Thursday, August 26, 2010

I am not Martha.

Just when you think you have this whole cooking/baking/decorating grown up business under control, THIS happens:


Baaaahhhaaaaahaaa haaa! THAT, friends, is zucchini bread.

Faced with loads of zucchini from our garden, and feeling super confident, I decided to bake a  loaf last night.  As Mr. J studied away in his little room, I turned on the radio, preheated the oven, grated the zucchini, mixed it all together, poured it in a loaf pan and popped it in the oven.  La la la!!!  One hour later, I pulled it out, and it looked like this.  WTF?!

It was all sickly and sticky on the top, and crispy brown on the bottom and the sides.  Deflated, I started to wonder what I had done wrong.  First things first, I used a loaf pan that was way too huge.  Not sure what it was appropriate for, but it sure wasn't meant for this.  I found another pan in our stash that was probably half as big as the one I used.  Whoops.

I'm not going to let a little funky zucchini bread get me down.  Oh no. I sliced it up and ate it with my coffee this morning.


Seriously, how bad can something with chocolate chips be?  I'll take another crack at it (so.  much.  zucchini.)
and let you know if it turns out any better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter