Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Bricklayer's Table

Taaa daaaaa!


Sort of. "Inspired by"...maybe.  Regardless, I love it and its rustic wood planks and sturdy metal legs.  It arrived late last week, and Mr. J and I put it all together last weekend.  With a minimal amount of drama.  I mean, there was a minor situation when I couldn't exactly get the screws in, and L. Belle was being a little bit too helpful by snatching and chewing up all the packaging, but other than that,  it came together without incident, and I'm excited to accesorize!

First things first, I'll need a new lamp.  (Yes honey, the one we have is lovely, but the scale of it is all wrong for the room.  Trust me.)

I'm kind of liking this one, from Pottery Barn, but am not sure how the mercury glass would go with the rustic wood:


Kind of digging this one from West Elm:




I think, though, that I really have my heart set on a red ceramic lamp, a la this one, from Crate and Barrel:


However, much to my dismay, I went to "visit" the lamp this weekend at my local C&B, and was pretty disappointed in the lamp to shade ratio. Man, it just looked so OFF!  Just switch out the shade, you say.  And I could, but for $200 bucks...my lamp better be perfect.  So the search continues.  At least until this baby goes on sale. Until then, anyone have any good lighting sources they'd like to share?

I'm working on working the table into our room, and will post some photos once it's perfect!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LAMP. :)

    I especially love that first one. Hot dang, woman. I want, I want!!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter