Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dream Rooms: Library

I love to read, and I love books. Nothing floats my boat like a whole afternoon (um…or entire day) spent reading a book. As a kid, I used to save up all my allowance and beg my mom to take me to the bookstore, where I’d spend hours determining how I’d spend my riches. Every time, I’d come out with a huge stack that would satisfy me until my next “pay day”.  And the LIBRARY, too! Don’t get me started. One of the biggest pickles I ever got into was in the 3rd grade, when I snuck out and rode my bike to the library, without telling anyone where I was going. I returned, hours later, to my frantic mother wondering where I had been. I looked at her like, “So what? I was just at the library. Duh.” That didn’t go over so well.

Anyway, the house we live in does have some sweet built ins where I can stash all my treasures, but in the house of my dreams, I’d have a whole room dedicated to books and reading. A library of my own. Heaven.

Until then, I’ve gathered these photos for some awesome inspiration:



Images via Domino, Elle Decor, Martha Stewart, isuwannee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter